Over the winter, we have compiled a list of things that we’ve learned.
- Zucchini will take over the world.
- Root cellars need a constant temperature.
- Veggies store better kept in a root cellar and in either sand or straw.
- Onions are hardier than you might think.
- Composting is vital to return nitrogen to the soil.
- Tomatoes will ripen in paper bags and boxes.
- Pumpkins are almost as bad as zucchini.
At the end of winter, we still have frozen green beans, zucchini and plums. It’s been wonderful, but we are looking forward to fresh fruit and veggies.
One thought on “Lessons Learned, 2015”
6. Waater the backyard properly immediately after